Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bridger's Birthday

Well, I do believe I owe this blog an apology. I've definitely never been the best journal writer in the world, and it seems I've fallen into my old ways. Whoopsie! I promise I'll make up for it by writing loads and loads of posts! Okay, that's probably not true. But I'll do my best. :)

Our Bridge Bug turned one on November 12! The fact that I have a one-year-old child is nuts, but I seriously love it. For his birthday basheroo, we had a Google Hangout (Skype, basically) with our family. It was quite the entertaining (and slightly chaotic) party!

Bridger first opened his presents. Actually, we tried and tried to persuade him to do it, but he just wasn't interested. So we tore through the wrapping for him! He got some building blocks, playbox with different toys on it, and a darling set of little stuffed animals (from Grandma and Grandpa Moody.) He may not have gotten into the presents at the time, but afterwards, he decided they were awesome and hasn't stopped playing with them since. He especially loves knocking the blocks over after Mommy or Daddy have built a tall tower.

After the toys, it was cake time! We lit the candle and brought it over to him while singing. And then the freaking out began. I don't have to worry about that little guy liking fire. Well, at least not for a couple of years! He pushed away and started crying. Apparently, we did quite a number on him, because he decided he wasn't about to touch that cake or anything else that had come into contact with that evil candle.

I was a little concerned about having a baby who wouldn't immediately eat a piece of sugary goodness that was put in front of him. After all, I am a hopeless sugar addict myself. But all was made right when he tried it later that night and devoured the whole thing. Good boy, Bridger, good boy!

So that was Bridger's first birthday. It's true what people say about raising kids: It may be difficult at times, but it's so worth it and the time goes by way faster than you think it will. Here's to many more birthdays for our little guy!










No comments:

Post a Comment