Friday, October 11, 2013

Edamame: My New Favorite Snack

So our diets have taken quite a turn since we've been here. And I mean a turn for the better. Quite frankly, a lot of it has to do with the fact that the only food we seem to recognize is a lot of the produce! (No labels required for that!) It probably helps that there's no Sonic around the corner either.

So we eat a lot of stir-fry, curry, omelets and other meals high in veggies. And we love our fruits for snacks. And anyone who knows me can testify that I'm usually a chocolate kind of gal (but don't worry, I get that too.)

And then there's the Edamame. It's seriously my new favorite snack. And I've been told it's super healthy, which is a total bonus!



Edamame is a premature soybean. Sounds gross, right? But it's delicious. I eat them pretty much every day. They just taste like a regular bean with a little added salt. And the best part? You get to pop them out of this shell as you eat them. Fun food is the best food!

I'm seriously hoping Edamame is in the states. I've never seen or heard of it, but I'll be on the lookout when we get back.

Hmmm, I think I'll go make myself some more of these little lovelies right now. 

Jyane!

2 comments:

  1. Edamame is definitely available in the USA- you don't have to even go to a specialty store, they sell them even at the Payson Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! :) That is so good to know. Thanks! Also, who is this?

    ReplyDelete